NEED MORE INFORMATION on the INDIAN CHILD WELFARE ACT? - caicw.org/

JOIN CAICW ON FACEBOOK - facebook.com/fbCAICW.org

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Encouraging letter from Adoptive Mom:

.
This letter below came on Friday. All identyfiying information has been removed -

It is great encouragement, especially since I keep kicking myself about the website (www.caicw.org) not being good enough!

Praise God for the Work He is doing! - and thanks to all our friends for helping us keep going -


Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 12:56:10 -0500 (EST)

To: administrator@caicw.org

Dearest Lisa,

I wanted to drop you a note the let you know we won our court case against the tribe .... We went to court in Aug. 2009 and in Sept. the judge ruled that the kids should stay with us. But, of course the tribe appealed his decision the day before the deadline... The State Court of Appeals heard the case... this year and ..they affirmed the judges decision. ... It cost us $10,000.00 and a lot of worry but we are finally proceeding with the adoption. Our family would like to thank you so very much for your organization and all the help it provides families like ours, without the information on your web site I don't know if our lawyer could have made such a good case using other state case law. You provide an invaluable service to children hurt by ICWA and God will lead you to do even better things. I received your newsletter yesterday and vow to get as many signatures as I can to sent back to you. I wish I could do more but I will pray for you everyday. If you want to know more or if there is anything I can do from here... please contact me. Our family is forever in your debt. Again, thank you for all you do, and have a Happy Holiday, WE WILL.
Sincerely,
- a very happy MOM

No comments: